Below you will find three resources related to the subject of mental health and illness.
- A podcast of the plenary presentation “Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness”
- An article that served as the outline for this presentation but contains additional information.
- A podcast of the panel discussion where this presentations was critiqued and expanded.
For the full article in PDF form click this link: Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness
For the biographical information on each participant on this panel, please click here.
The complementing studies are also available in a video and podcast formats at the links below:
One of the final questions in this panel discussion involved the panelists recommending books. Below is a list of the books they recommended and a few they wished later they had added to the list.
The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
Addiction & Virtue by Kent Dunnington
Saving Normal by Allen Frances
Blame it on the Brain? by Ed Welch
Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hand by Paul Tripp
How People Change by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane
On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender
How To Really Love Your Child by Ross Campbell
Wished Recommended (added by panelist latter)
- The Anatomy of the Soul by Curt Thompso
- In His Image and Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Phillip Yancey and Paul Brand
- Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart
- When Kids Hurt, and Disconnected by Chap Clark
- Cutting by Steven Levenkron
- Hope, Help, and Healing for Eating Disorders by Gregory Jantz